I found a similar recipe through the Hungry-Girl e-newsletter, but changed it up a little bit because it called for a syrup you could only buy online, and it was expensive.
By the way, if you haven't checked out Hungry-Girl, you are really missing out. She is an ordinary girl who loves health and nutrition (kind've like me), and she recently launched her own food show on The Food Network. She's published several recipe books and is full of healthy eating tidbits and tips.
- Canned pineapple (chunks, slices or crushed)
- Fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Coconut Rum
- A few ice cubes
- A cherry or fresh slice of pineapple for garnish
- I like to take a shot of the rum before starting to make sure it's good ;)
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend until smooth
It really is that simple. I don't measure anything, so sorry if you were hoping I'd tell you specific amounts. I like to go by trial and error. ;)
Let me know what you think in the comments, please!