Guest Post by Brandon Riney
Ever finding yourself thinking about what it would be like to lose that extra weight you’ve been dying to get rid of? Are you always thinking, “Man I wish I had his/her body” or “Why can’t I look like that?” These questions ran through my mind all throughout my school years, but I just really didn’t know what to do!
One day I stumbled across some websites that claimed they know exactly how to lose those dreadful extra pounds, and I thought to myself, “Why don’t I take some information from each of these guides and put it into my own strategy?” Let’s face it, dieting plans are a pain in the butt, can be very expensive, and some of them don’t even work!
When I first started my own tactics, I weighed a whopping 200 pounds at the age of 16. When you’re 5’9’’ and weigh that much, that’s not a good sign. So after pondering the dreams of actually becoming fit and the person I wanted to be, I came up with my own little plan:
- Keep track of how many calories you eat a day. Find out about how many calories are necessary for your body, and eat at least 500 less a day. This does NOT mean you should eat 1 cheeseburger that has 1200 calories and that’s it, which brings me to my next point.
- Think of some foods you truly like and that your taste-buds won’t regurgitate upon the very touch of your tongue that are actually HEALTHY for you! This might include tuna fish, grilled chicken, salad, fruit, vegetables, or anything else. If you actually think and research some foods, there are a lot of delicacies out there that you can love to eat and still shred the pounds.
- All I do is check the nutritional information on every item of food that goes into my stomach, and I keep a mental track of how many calories I consume a day.
- Also, try to cut down on foods with high grams of fat, saturated fat, sugars, and all that other stuff that your body doesn’t really need! It’s as simple as that!
- Another important factor to losing the weight is good exercise. Go for a one mile jog every once in a while, go to the gym at least 3x a week, do whatever cardio workout you can think of! That’s the key – cardio. While lifting weights and building muscle is great, cardio is the #1 way to make the fat vanish.
Believe me, if you keep a simple routine like the one stated above, I guarantee you’ll be looking and feeling better in no time. After four and a half months of healthy habits, I was able to lose 50 pounds! I’ve been able to do things that would’ve killed me due to lack of breath. Trust me, as long as you stick to a healthy dieting plan and keep a routine full of exercising, you will become the person you’ve always dreamed about being.
Brandon Riney is a Junior at Coppell High School. After dropping 50 pounds in less than 5 months, he became very interested in healthy living. Aside from working out and counting calories, Brandon gets excited about computer gaming and fresh pineapple. Consider him guest posting on your site by emailing him.