I discovered something new about myself last week. I love artichokes!
I already knew I loved easy, few-ingredient meals, but this one hits it out of the ball park. If you're unsure your down with the artichoke sickness, please give this a shot before totally dismissing it. The artichokes really give the baked chicken a savory flavor, and better yet, they fill you up without adding a whole lot of calories.
Other Benefits of Using Artichokes:
- High in potassium (balances sodium intake and blood sugar)
- High in fiber (promotes digestion and the "full" feeling)
- Antioxidants (builds immune system and fights disease)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can artichokes (in water)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the chicken and garlic in a greased baking dish at 350 degrees (low-medium) for 45 mins - 1 hour.
- Top the chicken with the artichokes and tomatoes (spread evenly).
- Bake again for another 15 - 20 mins.
The chicken is so tender and juicy. It's delicious. Like all good things in life, this meal is simple, quick and inexpensive. ;)