Here you'll find a girl's thoughts on spiritual and physical health.
You'll find a girl who loves the Lord with all her heart and hopes to shine His light through her writing. You'll find transparency, honesty, reflection and hopefully, connection to others seeking purity of body, mind and spirit.
I'm Amber. I'm a Christ-follower. NPC Bikini Athlete. Fitness Instructor. Personal Trainer. Health Coach. Nutritionist. I'm an avid fan of kickboxing, dance, yoga, flavored tea, froyo, and sci-fi. I have an eclectic taste in music and I've been known to make a mess in the kitchen, trying come up with quick and easy, healthy meals. I hate measuring stuff, and I tend to make everything a little too sweet.
I'm married to a fireman/paramedic, and we currently live in the Dallas area.
Why am I
obsessed passionate about fitness and nutrition?
I've been "health-conscious" ever since 8th grade. In middle school, I remember seeing a picture of my [chubby] self and asking my mom, "Why are my legs bigger than hers, Momma?"
My mom was a personal trainer and taught aerobics. She knew about taking care of your body. Not only did she teach me about nutrition and fitness, but she taught me that true beauty [God's glory] is inside all of us. Sometimes, we just need a little discipline and wisdom to bring it up to the surface.
Maintaining a healthy body is one way I can constantly worship the Lord. Helping others be healthy is such a gift. My hope is that everyone learns to love their body and take care of the temple God gave us.
So Who Am I?
I'm a 20-something Christian girl, an avid over-committer, and lover of sparkles and animal print.
My husband likes to hunt and bow fish and drive our RZR through giant mud pits. Despite my "born to be a princess" attitude, I've learned to enjoy some of the same things he does.
Sic 'Em Bears! I was an All-Girl Yell Leader (super traditional way of saying 'cheerleader' in Waco) at Baylor University and graduated in 2010. I love Homecoming and Robert Griffin III (we used to elliptical next to each other). And no, I don't remember why I was so excited in this picture.
"My child, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh." (Proverbs 4: 20-22)
Other Fun Facts
- Bambi and Bananas are our pet pomeranians (loves of our life).
- I'm the oldest of three brothers.
- I love Texas and Dallas in particular.
- At one time growing up, my family had 16 pets.
- I go to Gateway Church in Southlake, Texas.
- Frozen yogurt is the best thing man has created.
- We have dinner at Jason's Deli every Wednesday night religiously.
- I played basketball, softball and cheered in middle and high school.
- I LOVE dubstep and techno music.
- I still secretly want to be a rockstar (and think I am one when in the car by myself).
- I did not make my husband sell his motorcycle (I liked it).